----- Original Message ----- From: "Angus Leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: WinInstaller 0.51

Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:
Stephen Harris wrote:
If this is a problem with Ghostscript, rather than paths with spaces, or
LyX, why did "gswin32.exe 0lsypreview.ps" work? Was Ghostscript
used to create 0lsypreview.ps?

Hmmm good point. Wherever Lyx is the temp directory still has paths with
spaces and so 0lyxpreview.ps still has spaces in its path.

Maybe it is something to do with the path to GS having spaces in this
case but we have stumbled across another problem with GS which is not
related.

I honestly couldnt say.

Me neither. However, there *is* a problem with the lyxpreview2ppm.py script
when the path to the executable contains spaces. Perhaps you could see if
the attached patch fixes things?

I would love to help but I am not in a position, or experienced enough, to compile from scratch - sorry.

However this does sound like it could be the route of the problem.

Geoff

--
Angus