Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Bo Peng wrote:
>>>If you View->LaTeX info->BibTeX styles, can you see the .bst file?

>> No. The .bst file is under the same directory as the .lyx file. I use
>> 'browse' in the bib tex dialog to use it. Under linux, this is enough.

> I can reproduce the problem (Win XP, LyX 1.3.7pre5) if the .bst file is
> in a directory with spaces in the path, but not if it's in a space-free
> location (e.g., C:\Temp).  When there are spaces in the path, this is
> what I find in the temp directory:

> 1.  The .tex file contains what I think is a correctly constructed path
> to the .bst file (e.g., \bibliographystyle{\string"C:/Documents and
> Settings/my_id/Desktop/mybstfile\string"}).

Ahhhh. Don't do that. BibTeX and "spaces in paths" don't live well
together. In fact they don't live together at all.

We jump through a lot of hoops to ensure that your BibTeX data base will
continue to work if it lives in a path with spaces. I don't see any reason
at all to add a heap of fragile code to cover the .bst file too.

In my view this one get's filed under WONTFIX.

--
Angus