Hi all,

I've searched both bugzilla and the lists for help on this problem, so far
without luck.  Any hints would be most welcome.

I have a document with a bibtex-generated list of references, and when I try to
export it to PDF or postscript (via the GUI or with 'lyx -e pdf2', for
example), all the citations appear as [??] marks, though the references
section is correctly generated.

The only workaround I've been able to find is to click on the 'bibtex
references' box at the end, make some trivial change (choose a different
style, or check the 'add to TOC' box), and rerun the PDF/PS generation.  THEN,
the numbers appear, and I can revert my trivial change and continue.

Needless to say, it is incredibly annoying to have to do this every time, and
it breaks my makefile-based workflow (this is a document being developed in
collaboration from many places, so I wrote a makefile to generate all the
required PDFs without human intervention).

I'd be very appreciative of any help or hints.

Cheers,