On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thank you for your fast responses.
I did what you said. First, I deinstalled all. After this I tried again. I
istalled Lyx with the lyx-installer and aspell was installed automatically,
too. afterwards I installed a german dictonary. but it didn't work. So I
deinstalled all again. now I installed aspell first  and after this lyx, who
found aspell. but it also didn't work. so i tried to run aspell in a console
with success. so, i think, the problem isn't the spellchecker. do you have
some other ideas or you see something I made wrong?

regards
Christopher

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++

What happens when you type a misspelled word in lyx and then run the spell checker??

Does it give any errors?

The preferences box will always say ispell by the way. So it may be that it is working you are just trying to change something that doesnt need to be changed