Marc Demers wrote:

I have re-installed LyX using the Win Installer (BeliOS), version 1.0 but
nothing is working.

That is bad, but I need more details what exactly isn't working. Does LyX start? Do you get the missing textclass error message?

If the latter is the case, deinstall LyX and also delete the math fonts and the folder C:\Documents and Settings\username\Applications\LyX, the uninstaller will ask you for this. (This avoids that you have a broken LyX installation due to rests of older LyX-versions.) Then reinstall LyX again with version 1.0 of the installer.

---

Try the following only when the method from above didn't help and you get the missing textclass error message:

I have copy the sh.exe file in the LyX/Resources/lyx
directory, but which command? MS Dos or MSYS?  From there can you help me

Here it comes:

1. Press Windows "Start" button, change there "execute" and type in

cmd

Press ENTER and you get a Windows console.

2. Now change to the directory ~\LyX\Resources\lyx\ (using the DOS-command "cd")

3. Use now the command

sh configure

and you'll see LyX's configuration.

regards Uwe