Paul Smith wrote:
On 2/2/06, Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes, that is what I mean. An illustration is at

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/spy.html

tell me the structure of your data file?
Are the values also saved as a matrix?

Thanks to all. An example of a data file is attached. It is a text
file with a matrix. Each column corresponds to x-coordinate, whereas
each row corresponds to y-coordinate. Both x and y have the same
range: [0,1]. From column to column, x increases 0.1. From row to row,
y increases 0.1. First column corresponds to x=0 and first row to y=0.

Paul

0       1       1       0       0       0       0       1       1       1
0       1       1       0       1       1       1       0       1       0

understood. Here an example if you could have your textfile
as

/matrix [
0       1       1       0       0       0       0       1       1     1
0       1       1       0       1       1       1       0       1     0
] def

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pst-plot}
\makeatletter
\def\specialPlot#1{%
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    (#1) run            % load the data file
    /n 0 def            % index for element
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    /Dot { DS 0 360 arc fill } bind def
    0 0.1 1 {
      /y exch def
      0 0.1 1 {
        /x exch def
        matrix n get
        dup 0 gt {
          x [EMAIL PROTECTED] mul y [EMAIL PROTECTED] mul Dot%
        } { pop } ifelse
        /n n 1 add def
      } for
    } for