Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Jack M. Lyon wrote:

Does Kile and Emacs easily run under windows, I mean do they have an own win-installer?

many thanks
regards Uwe

IIRC, texmaker is a Windows Kile-like editor.

There are versions of Emacs out there that are precompiled with AUCTeX and preview-latex (actually, one and the same thing in the latest version). I have it running under Windows XP SP2 and it works quite well as long as I don't try to preview in PDFLaTeX mode. Installation was easy, I just had to run an executable. In fact I am liking the Emacs-AUCTeX-preview-latex combination so much that I have been working on it exclusively lately, even though about a year ago I thought I would never need anything but Lyx (I am a LaTeX user for many years, though, and know quite a few of the commands I need---Lyx is perfect for those who don't).

To get the precompiled Emacs (I have 22.0.50) with AUCTeX (I have 11.81, but 11.82 is ready, I believe) you can Google emacs+auctex-w32. I just did it, and found this mirror:
http://mirrors.ircam.fr/pub/gnu/alpha/gnu/auctex/

Hope this helps.