Am Samstag, 4. Februar 2006 18:23 schrieb Rich Shepard:
>    Thanks, Georg. I considered doing that but the large size of the
images in
> the LyX document prompted me to shrink them before hand.

You can adjust the onscreen display to 30% or something like that in the
graphics dialog. Or did you mean file size? A screenshot of my 1280x1024
desktop is typically about 160 kb, you can store lots of these images on
todays storage media.

>    What resolution do you use when you save the image?

I don't set any, I simply save the image as png. The resolution that is
saved in the png file does only matter if you use the "size%" units for
scaling in LyX, but for my stuff I don't use this very often.

Georg