On Feb 13, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Anders Ekberg wrote:

Great work! Streamlined and works excellent (tested on two machines with 10.4.4).

2 questions:
- Is it possible to use the installer without admin-password? For me the installer asks for a password to update the TeX-installation (and to overwrite some files if I choose that).

I'll modify the installer so that if you don't install any new TeX files, it won't run texhash; that means it won't require an admin password. (Look for an update soon.)

- Is it possible to do a machine-wide installation for all accounts?

I don't think so. At least, I'm not competent enough to try.

Also, I have a strange "feature": The shortcut Cmd-T is assigned to Postscript on one machine and to pdflatex on the other (it has been like that also before this version). It is no problem, but I am curious about why.

That was a bug in the default preferences file that gets copied into your user's directory. Simply select the one you prefer, copy it to the other machine, and it should work.

As for bugs, my main concern on the Mac platform is the access of the templates as discussed before. This is no show-stopper, but a major problem for new users. I guess it is not a major problem to fix (just a matter of deciding which approach to take) so I hope it can be a subject for 1.4.1.

The default templates directory now gets copied to ~/Library/ Application Support/LyX-1.4/templates/default, so now you can access them via the File > New from template... dialog.

Bennett