Jose' Matos a écrit :
On Friday 17 February 2006 07:55, John Pye wrote:
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if there is an up-to-date HOWTO somewhere for using
Lyx for DocBook output of software user's manuals?

  No, that has been in my TODO list for a long time. :-(

In particular, I want to be able to generate 'chm'  files for Windows,
and DocBook XML for GNOME ('yelp' help browser). Is this something that
other people on the list are doing?

You need to find a tool that converts docbook to chm, and then use the traditional way of configuring lyx.

Or just export to html with htlatex and use Microsoft free chm tool.

Abdel.

  1) Add format, with its viewer
  2) Define how to convert from docbook to chm

I found this but it's 5 years old, and hopefully things have become
easier...
http://bgu.chez-alice.fr/doc/db4lyx/

If such a HOWTO /doesn't/ exist, maybe there'd be someone willing to
collaborate on putting it together?

I can explain why lots of things are the way they are, and if possible/necessary fix those bugs.

Cheers
JP