----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: LyX fails picture conversion

On 2/19/06, Stephen Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks. I checked in texmf and had a dvipdfmx .exe so I
changed the converter in Preferences by adding an "x".

You are luckier, as there is no binary of dvipdfmx for Linux!

Paul

I visited the dvipdfmx website and noticed that my installation
wasn't current. So I did all the recommended things. The result
is that I used to be able to use dvipdfm to generate the .pdf file
and acrobat would open and display the file. Now, the file is
still created but Acrobat gives an error message: "There was an
error opening this document. The file cannot be found."

So I have to manually navigate to the Lyx temp directory with
Acrobat to locate the file and display it. On a happier note:

http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2006-February/006330.html

pdfTeX 3.141592-1.30.6 was released on 2006-02-16
- bugfix: updated xpdf to 3.01pl2

Do you have the equivalent of yum or apt-get to install new programs?

Regards,
Stephen