On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:20:23 +0100
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hannan> Hi I was using document class: article (AMS, sequential
> Hannan> numbering). After defining subsection or subsubsection, i saw
> Hannan> my first line (until the enter) and my subsection or
> Hannan> subsubsection joining together at the same line. My guess is
> Hannan> that this is a bug, but i don't know if its a reported bug or
> Hannan> not. I also tried just article as a document class and then
> Hannan> the problem was not present.

I'm sorry I missed the first post on this.  If you mean, as I guess, that the
heading of the subsection appears on the printouut on the same line as the
beginning of the text, tgat is correct behavior for amsart.  Only section
headings get their own line.  That it appears on a separate line in LyX is
arguably a limitation of LyX, but not, in my mind, a serious one.

--

David L. Johnson
Lehigh University