Lee Yeoh wrote:

Actually, reading the terminal output, there are a whole lot of error messages around the png conversion stage, for example:

System call: convert -trim +repage -density 110x110 -transparent '#FFFFFF' zzPhysics.ps Physics21x.png
sh: line 1: convert: command not found

I suppose I didn't download some part that I was meant too, but I had another look and couldn't see anything obvious. Any hints?

Thanks again,
Lee.

LyX uses the ImageMagick convert utility to convert between graphics formats (in this case, from Postscript to PNG). The error message indicates convert was not found. So the first question is, did you install ImageMagick? If yes, then make sure its directory is on the path prefix (Edit->Preferences->Paths->PATH prefix).

/Paul