On Tuesday 04 April 2006 17:30, Gisbert, Fernando wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem related with the pdf index generation with the beamer
> class. I write a simple lyx document, and when I view it with pdflatex, the
> resulting pdf leaves the left-side navigation panel empty, even using
> section and subsection environments in the lyx document. When I export the
> file to latex to see what happen, I see two strange lines:
>
> \setcounter{secnumdepth}{-1000}
> \setcounter{tocdepth}{-1000}
>
> that in previous beamer documents had a value of 3 instead of -1000. I
> don't know why these two numbers are set to -1000, and I also don't know
> how to reset them to its original value. By setting them to a reasonable
> value, let's say 3, for instance, the index appears again. Does anyone know
> how to fix it?

  There are two lines in your file that explain this:

\secnumdepth -1000
\tocdepth -1000

  Since it is impossible to do this directly from lyx I would expect either
someone changed this value by hand or your beamer layout file has those
values there.

  If you want to you can change both values by hand and the file will start to
behave nicely.

--
José Abílio