Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I have a document only with one page ended by an enumerate
environment. The enumerate environment appears with a long spacing
with the precedent text. I think LaTeX does that automatically for
aesthetical reasons, as the page is not entirely filled with text. How
can one prevent LaTeX of doing that?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

You can use \setlength{\partopsep}{???} and/or \setlength{\topsep}{???} (in ERT) to add additional spacing (in your case a negative amount) before and after the list. \partopsep is applicable if the list follows an empty line, \topsep if not. For instance:

blah blah blah \setlength{\partopsep}{-2ex}
1. list item
2. list item
back to regular text blah blah \setlength{\partopsep}{0ex}
1. list item with regular spacing
2. list item
blah blah blah

HTH,