I built lyx from CVS (on Fedora Core 5) because I wanted to use
quotation marks in ERT (a bug in 1.4.0), and I find that problem is
solved.  This version of lyx runs fine.

Thanks very much.

Ihave not seen major bugs in this CVS version.  But they may hide from
me.  I would feel more confident about using this version if somebody
who is familiar with CVS would tell me "don't worry, we are not in the
middle of some major code changes and there are no known huge
problems, as of yesterday."  For that matter, I wish that somebody who
works in this would either make snapshots at the safer moments, or
perhaps put in cvs  tags at safe times and announce the tags.

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science