john wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 04:07:42PM -0700, Nick Kuzmik wrote:
>
>> Can I use Lyx's label and cross reference features across different
>> documents?
>>
> If you have a master document A that includes subdocuments B and C then when
> you typeset A cross references between these three documents will work. If
> you typeset B or C by itself, references outside this document will appear as
> a bold "?". Also note that you cannot select the label name from the list if
> it is outside the current document --- you will have to manually enter the
> label name to insert a crossreference to a label outside the current document.

Actually, that's not true: You can insert a cross-reference to any OPEN
document. At the top of the cross-reference list, there is a drop-down
box that lists currently open files. Select the one you want, and a list
of labels in that file will appear. (At least, that's how it works in
Lyx 1.3.x.) There is also a LaTeX package whose name I can't now recall
that allows cross-references between files, even when they're not part
of one large document.

Ricahrd