Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Enrico Forestieri writes:
>
> > I am sorry, but this is simply FUD. If he cannot even start sh, there
> > is a problem with his cygwin installation.
>
> But you don't need cygwin. If cygwin was only installed to use it for
> LyX I recommend to deinstall it to avoid problems like this.

Nonsense. Cygwin is even not proposed by the installer, so I think that
he simply has it already installed and don't want to install additional
software as cygwin already provides everything needed by LyX.

It is true that the current native LyX version doesn't support cygwin,
so I pointed out a cygwin version of LyX.

--
Enrico