On Friday 19 May 2006 11:56 am, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > May I suggest that you add these methods/tips to this page:
> >
> >     http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/PDF
>
> Done.
> /Paul

Thanks Paul and everyone,

That's a fantastic resource. Using it I was able to make my table of contents
clickable, and also was able to have clickable URLs in my document.

I also discovered some things requiring even more knowledge than I have, and
after a few hours of web search and experimentation failed, I sent this
email...

1) The suggestions of \href{mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]@mydomain.com} would not
start the Mozilla email client, at least on my box. I click it and nothing
happens. Any suggestions?

2) Whenever I insert a URL link (with text with spaces) into my document, it
doesn't word wrap correctly. Specifically, the line it's on goes VERY long.
The text forming the link will not wrap. As a result, I've had to limit my
URLs to things that could be put on their own line.

3) My book consists of a concatination of three PDFs. The cover is made with
Gimp, the back of the cover is made with OpenOffice (too much fine tuning to
do in LyX), and the rest of the document is done in LyX. The URLs on the back
of the cover (made with OpenOffice) correctly pull up the web page when
clicked within OpenOffice, but when I export to PDF, that ability is lost.
How can I have OpenOffice URL links survive into PDF the way LyX links do, if
you include hyperref?

Once again, thanks so much for the PDF FAQ. It let me do a bunch of stuff I'd
wanted to do but had given up on.

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore
http://www.troubleshooters.com/utp/tcourses.htm

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.