Bruce Pourciau wrote:

> I seem to be replying to my own requests for help, not with help or a
> solution, unfortunately, but with new information about the problem.
> My apologies for not investigating for a longer time before I queried
> the list, but I'm hyperventilating at the thought of having to
> recreate all these drawings.

No need to hyperventilate. As Stephen wrote: Create a minimal example .lyx
file with .eps figure, and open a bug report at http://bugzilla.lyx.org
where you attach these two files. Then send a message to the list with the
url for the bug, and I am sure that your problem can be solved.
Without such an example it is very difficult to help you.

Georg