Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> I just tried myself, and I couldn't get it to work as well. My guess is
> that you have to export your files to latex and run latex/bibtex manually.
> LyX doesn't seem to run bibtex on the different aux files, as needed.

OK, I found a way to make it work with the help of a wrapper script. The
script and the description can be found here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/BibTeX/Tips#toc4

You have to use
\usepackage[gather]{chapterbib}
and place a bibtex inset in the master as well as in every child document (not
commented out).

The wrapper script is written in python. It works for me, but I don't know
python very much, so it might be not the most elegant solution.

HTH,
Jürgen