Hi,

I suspect I'm doomed to disappointment here, but is there a way to get LyX to treat a table as tabular* rather than just tabular environment? I know I can do it in ERT, but I was hoping to exploit the table editor and layout features in the GUI but get it typeset as tabular*.

Alternatively, is there a slick way in LyX to get a table to stretch from margin to margin (width of table = textwidth)? I can do it with tabular* by inserting some "stretch" along with the alignment for one of the columns. I could probably do it by creating an extra row that spanned all columns and putting a zero-height rule in there, but that would screw up the vertical size of the table.

/Paul