Enrico Forestieri wrote:
TechTonics <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'm surprised Html view works for you for Cygwin because I
think (thought) it was LyX not the Cygwin or Win configuration.

The problem is that LyX calls htlatex with a full path and does not
change the current dir to the dir containing the file to be converted.
Please find below two scripts "htlatex" and "htlatex.bat". The first
one is for Cygwin and you can put it in /usr/local/bin. The second
(less refined ;-)) one is for a native LyX and should be put somewhere
in the PATH ahead of the miktex bin dir (<LyXDir>/latextools is a good
choice). You should now have no problems with View->Html ;-)

I did as you suggested. Both scripts work to some extent.
The big improvement is that the .png files which are needed
to display equations inside the html doc are now generated.
They are also correctly generated compared to the manual method.
But the output html file looks more "normal" than htlatex.

Those pngs are not integrated into the final html file output.
For splash.lyx->splash.html it means the small footnote at the
bottom of the splash page is a separate html file. IOW, there are
two html files created. In Windows, it is necessary to delete the
"originaldir" found in Additional Flags = originaldir,needaux

Cygwin seems to work the same, now makes the good pngs, but the
output html file is bereft of their images.

The soup is missing an ingredient,
Stephen