Helge Hafting schrieb:

>> Then I downloaded the 1.4.1 binaries in the ubuntu/dapper dir, but I had
>> no luck with them. They either gave me 1.3.7 or failed due to dependency
>> errors.
>>
> A 1.4.1 binary should not give you 1.3.7? The dependencies could not be
> resolved by installing
> packages?

I first tried the "all" meta package, and was also surprised that that
led to 1.3.7 being installed. The other two debs (common and qt) then
caused conflicts with "an already installed lyx-qt" or something
similar, although I had removed that before (at least I thought I did,
and synaptic didn't show me anything like that was left). Maybe I should
have done it differently, but in that case those packages could use some
 brief step-through install guide.

Anyway I just wanted to let people know the packages didn't work for me,
 on the chance that there's something wrong with them.

> As others have pointed out, the locale you use must exist on the system.
> (Except for C).  On debian, which is similar to ubunt, we use:
> dpkg-reconfigure locales
> This gets you a list of possible locales.  Enable those you need.

Yep thanks I will do that.

-sven