Luis Rivera wrote:
> Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> I'm not sure I understand what it is you want to do. Do you want LyX to
>> export "\usepackage{oxon}" instead of "\usepackage{natbib}"?
>>
> Indeed, this is what I'm trying to do.  The main problem is that I redefined
> some commands from natbib to achieve some results in the \cite=ations in the
> body of the document; loading \usepackage{natbib} load the previous
> definitions, so that my \newcommand's are ignored.

I doubt there is going to be a clean way to do this, as I expect the
export is hard-coded into LyX.

Here are some hacks.

    * Try loading oxon.sty from the preamble, hoping this is after
      natbib.sty is loaded. Of course, as things are, LaTeX will
      complain about your redefinitions. But perhaps you could change
      the ones you redefine to \renewcommand. Or would \newcommand*
      work? Anyway, something along these lines could be done.
    * Export to LaTeX and make the change manually. But then you lose
      preview.
    * Weird idea: Redefine the LaTeX -> DVI converter to pass your file
      through sed or something first, thus changing the
      "\usepackage{natbib}" line into "\usepackage{oxon}". I don't know
      that this will work, but it might.

Any thoughts from the real experts?

By the way, I'd be interested to see oxon.sty, if you're sharing. I've
played some with BibTeX as well.

Richard