Stacia Hartleben wrote:
> It's all
> very odd. Does someone have an in depth tutorial on exactly how one
> can use bibtex and natbib for Author/year type citations? It seems
> that every time I try this out I run into problems.

My impression is that you are fiddling with bst-styles that are not compatible
with natbib. You _must_ use a natbib-compatible style. If you don't feel
comfortable with the default styles (plainnat, unsrtnat, abbrvnat), create
your own by opening a terminal window, entering "latex makebst" and anwering
the questions you'll be asked.

Also, I recommend reading the excellent natbib documentation.

Jürgen