On 20 Dec, 2006, at 8:28 AM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

Thanks to Charles and José have been able to reconvert all the LaTexified accents into proper form.

I am now facing a big problem, though: LyX refuses to read the LaTex files back in. The problem must have something to do with encodings, and in particular with reLyX refusal to read correctly the high codes for the accented letters. In fact, any file containing an accented letter will exhibit the same behavior, at least on my system: once exported as LaTeX it cannot be reimported back into LyX (I enclose a one line file below as an example). The file compile correctly from within LyX, though.

Any thought?

Further info: switching the converter from reLyX to tex2lyx does not help. If called from within LyX tex2lix fails as reLyX did. If called from the command line, it does indeed succeed in producing a Lyx file, but with screwed up accents (i.e. é --> lower capital accented e, for instance. Other screw-ups are even more exotic). Besides, the file does not compile into pdf (as it should be expected, I guess)

S.

S.