On 20 Dec, 2006, at 7:09 PM, Stephen Buonopane wrote:

More and more frustrating...can anyone on a PowerPC Mac please give it a try? Try exporting to LaTeX the enclosed lyx file and reimporting into into LyX. Does it work? Perhaps the problems I am encountering have to do with my TeX setup. Although, I did try to open the .tex file in TeXShop and it compiles all right.

S.
No issues here either. Under LyX 1.3.7 & 1.4.3 with PowerPC Mac and Fink (tetex).

Well, I have LyX 1.4.3 and a TeX system installed with the iInstaller . Here is what shows up in the console when I try to reimport the file into LyX:

Unable to determine the system directory having searched
        /usr/local/Resources/lyx/
Try the '-sysdir' command line parameter or set the environment variable LYX_DIR_14x to the LyX system directory containing the file `chkconfig.ltx'.

It seems to me that it should be looking in
/Applications/LyX/Resources

In fact, that's where the file is, and that's the library application directory, according to the "About LyX" panel. Moreover, neither copying the chkconfig.ltx file to the dir LyX seems to be looking in (/usr/local/Resources/lyx, nor creating an environment variable LYX_DIR_14x makes any difference. Same behavior and same error message.

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64)  9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-8768
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand