Hi,

> Georg> I attach a second file for copying. Note that I see the second
> Georg> capital Ÿ as ¾ on screen. I don't know if that is a LyX bug or
> Georg> a font problem, but the Postscript output is OK.
>
> 3/4 is what you should see in latin1. Only latin15 has Ÿ.
>

> Yes I know. The problem is that the example file is in latin9 encoding, so I
> really should see Ÿ (and I do see that in 1.5 with the same font settings,
> and in the ps output of 1.4). 1.4 displays ¾, and that is simply wrong. It
> is really time to get 1.5.0 finished :-)

I've set latin1 inputenc in the latex preamble and I see Ÿ in the
LyX-file and in the pdf output using 1.4.3-5. How does that happen? Do I
have to set the inputenc somewhere else to be sure it's really used?
Does "\inputencoding default" in the lyx-file overwrite the latex
setting? If yes, is there any way to make sure the settings in the latex
preamble are used?
Sorry, I just started using lyx and I'm not yet familiar to these
special issues but I'd like to know a little more so I don't need to ask
the next time ;-)

BTW: how stable is 1.5 and what are the major differences (there seem to
quite a few).

Regards, Toby