On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:13:47 -0500
"David L. Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Doesn't work for me (debian linux/american keyboard).

If you feel like it, try to check if you have a file in your home
directory called .Xmodmap (it's a hidden file). If so, add the following
line, else create it:

keycode 116 = Multi_key

This defines the right 'Windows' key as composition key, and should be
enough to be do   WinKey e `   to compose รจ.

You'll have to activate it with

xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap    (this normally happens when X opens automatically)

I hope this works for you... It did for me for all versions of LyX,
except the last one. But it seems I am an exception.

John