Shu Li wrote:
Hi,

I am using Red Hat EL4, Qt 4.2.2 and Lyx 1.5.0 beta1. Comparing to the old
Lyx 1.4.3, version 1.5.0 looks lacking of the anti-aliasing processing on
the screen fonts. While in 1.4.3 the screen fonts look pretty smooth, those in 1.5.0 have fractures or spikes and that made them unclear, even though I tried switching the screen fonts several times. My 1.4.3 and 1.5.0 runs on
the same computer.

I don't know if that's the problem of QT4 or Lyx, or could I set some
preference to have the anti-aliasing back? Thank you.
My lyx 1.5 beta (on debian) does antialiasing.
Did you try something simple like tools->preferences->screen fonts?
Make sure lyx-1.5 uses exactly the same fonts as lyx-1.4.3 do.
Perhaps your xserver isn't capable of antialiasing all fonts, and
lyx-1.5 might install itself  with bad defaults.

Do you have any other qt4 apps - do they get antialiased fonts?
Lyx 1.4.3 uses qt3, any qt3 setup you may have done will have
to be re-done for qt4 as well.

Helge Hafting