On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Steve Litt wrote:

> In preparation to create my index for my book, I created a Ruby program to
> list every word in a file (in this case the .lyx file).
>
> Now of course this could be done with a simple one-liner using sed and
> sort -u, but my program lists the words in 2 different orders, first in alpha
> order, which of course could be done by the 1 liner, and then in descending
> order of occurrence, which can't be.

fmt -1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn

Also could had some tr and sed to clean out junk spacing and to lowercase
everything.

By the way, I did something similar when doing some indexing.

Another thing I used is a spell checker -- words unknown to my dictionary
I made sure were in the index.

  Jeremy C. Reed