On 4/10/07 2:28 PM, "Robert Neumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I just installed lyx 144 sucessfully on a macbook core duo. Opening and
> working on a document with 40 pages was no problem (well scrolling up
> and down was a bit sluggish...)
> But when I opened a document with 290 pages and about 80 figures lyx
> hangs itself at the first attempt. At the second it opened the document
> but when I tried the pdf-preview I had to close Lyx after waiting for 3
> minutes with the fan running like a hair blower.
> Is this a known issue for the mac? I know that lyx is much slower on
> windows  than on linux but I thought with OS X beeing close to linux it
> would be as fast as with linux...
> regards
> robert

I have LyX 1.4.4 on a 600Mhz iBook and I can open and view a pdf of a 25
page document with 11 figures in roughly 30 seconds.

So, something must be going on with your installation. Unfortunately, I
wouldn't have the first clue as to what the problem might be. I'll leave
that to the LyXperts on this mailing list.

Regards,
Bob Lounsbury