On Thu, 31 May 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 Perhaps it would make sense to post temporarily a response directing
 LWU here (and then remove it after some reasonable period, or after
 LWU posts something here)?

How long should we wait?

 Also, maybe it would help to add something at the top of Site.FAQ
 directing people here if they have questions not appearing on the FAQ?

I added the following as the third question from the top:

Q:##Q: Should I use this site instead of the LyX users' mailing list? A: No. The LyX users' list and this site complement each other. A good way to work to ask questions on the users' list, and then later on document the answers on this site. See [[LyX.Internet Resources]] for more details about the users' list.

I've also added a note to the Welcome page.
        http://wiki.lyx.org/
that says the following:

        Note: This site is a complement to the mailing lists . not a
        replacement. If you have a user question and can't find the answer
        here, go to the users' list and ask the question! If you then want
        to help, you can document the answer you got from the users' list
        here. For more information about the users' list and the
        developers' list, see the page internet resources under the
        section Lists and news groups.

Don't think I've come across the problem of people not knowing of the users' list before.

Should this be made even more clear?

/Christian