[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Here's a useful trick by the way. Click the button 'History' at the top right side of a page. Then you'll see it's history. Or use direct URI:
    http://wiki.lyx.org/Site/FAQ?action=diff

Slick ... but not obvious, especially to a wiki rookie.

Perhaps it would make sense to post temporarily a response directing LWU here (and then remove it after some reasonable period, or after LWU posts something here)?

How long should we wait?

A couple of weeks should be sufficient, I would think -- or until he shows up on the user list, whichever comes first.

Also, maybe it would help to add something at the top of Site.FAQ directing people here if they have questions not appearing on the FAQ?

I added the following as the third question from the top:

Q:##Q: Should I use this site instead of the LyX users' mailing list?
A: No. The LyX users' list and this site complement each other. A good way to work to ask questions on the users' list, and then later on document the answers on this site. See [[LyX.Internet Resources]] for more details about the users' list.

Do you think something more is needed? (Feel free to add something at the top - I couldn't come up with a good text)

Looks ok to me, charitably assuming that someone reads that far before posting a question. Since this is the first time it's occurred, I think what you wrote is fine. If the wiki gets deluged with misplaced questions, we can consider something more obvious.

Incidentally, the capitalization of the table of contents of the Site.FAQ page is a bit funky. I thought to edit it, but for the life of me I can't figure out where the command that inserts the TOC is getting the entries. (Not just capitalization, either: headings 2 and 4 seem to have dropped an initial word or two.)

/Paul

/Christian