On Thursday 31 May 2007 10:22, Fritz Bein wrote:

> You are right - WinEdt only compiles it one time which is sufficient if
> there are only minor changes in the document. Is there any possibility of
> "short compile" in lyx, too?
>
> Regards, Fritz

I don't know much about Windows, but in Linux I just make a shellscript (like
a batch file) called jj, and use that to compile. If I were willing not to
reindex and the like, I could make another one called jjj that just does a
short compile.

Either way, what I do for speed is compile only to .dvi, and then view the
dvi. For instance:

lyx --export latex myfile.lyx
latex myfile.tex
xdvi myfile.dvi

Much shorter than if I compiled all the way to ps or pdf (unless I were using
pdflatex, of course).

By scripting it, YOU tell it exactly what to include and what to leave out.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware