Once upon a time external paste would work via a special external paste option. I read the docs for 1.5.0rc1 and saw that now the middle button is to be used for pasting. Of course by default there is no middle buttons in OS X land but I have a multi button mouse and I used USB Overdrive to configure how it works. I took one of my extra buttons and configured it to be the middle mouse button, the fourth mouse button and the fifth mouse button (as defined by USB overdrive) without much joy. Setting the extra button to be the 'middle mouse button' did cause LYX to paste but it pasted from its internal buffer rather than from the external one.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for external paste? Is there a known setting to get external paste working on OS X using USB Overdrive?

        Thanks,

                Yaron

P.S. I did try to internet search for a solution and I checked the mail archives but I couldn't find anything. I also checked the bug list for 1.5. I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but I tried my best to find that answer and failed.