Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
> Sven Schreiber wrote:
>> IMHO it would be more efficient to test the current status instead of
>> stumbling over "fixedintrunk" bugs again and again. Currently it seems
>> to me that many known and/or fixed bugs are reported again and again,
>> which in turn may induce some people (like me) not to report (minor)
>> issues anymore. As a consequence, this way some bugs may go unnoticed.
>
> Another solution would be that you compile from source ;-)
> Or that someone produces daily binaries for the main distributions
> (including Mac and Windows). I think this would be a great way to
> contribute for non-developers... any volunteers?

I might volunteer IF it can be cross-compiled from Linux and somebody
points me to some documentation. Later on I might also try to get it
done from Windows, but not right now (which hopefully means not before
1.5.0).

Assuming that 1.5.0 final will not be released within the next week
(wanna bet?), I still think that having a rc2 sooner rather than later
is a good idea.

thanks,
sven