Sorry, I managed to reply to Uwe and not the list.

--
Nick Hopton,
Caversham, Reading, England.
Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Nick and Anne Hopton schrieb:

is that the drive letter (F:) is hard wired into the link. However, what I want to do is put the PDF file containing the link and the HTML file at which the link points onto a CD, but it doesn't seem possible to use relative paths in PDF links.

Besides what Todd explained you can also simply put the html file in the same folder where the PDF is located. The \href call ise then simply

\href{index.html}{name}

I tried that Uwe, but it didn't work. However, I *think* I might have found a vile work-around by editing the URL in the PDF using a binary file editor, as follows:

./Subtype/Link/A<</Type/Action/S/URI/URI(./front_page.htm)>>.>> endobj.20 0 obj <<./D [18

Where the target is 'front_page.htm'. I have to test the CDs on a couple of other machines before I can be sure.

Thanks to all,
Nick.

--
Nick and Anne Hopton, Caversham, Reading, England.

--- End Message ---