Steve Litt wrote:

All I can tell you is the guy from my LUG who wanted on-the-fly spellchecking is a techogeek supreme, probably as likely to document in vi (Vim is too touchy feely). He uses fvwm because fvwm2 is too bloated, Icewm is a monument to bloat, and he probably thinks KDE and Gnome came out of an Ira Levin distopia (Stepford Desktops). The guy also has an IQ three standard deviations east of genius. He tried LyX after my presentation at the LUG, and said it "has possibilities". If he adopted LyX, that would impress a lot of people.

Or scare them off, because they'd conclude you have to be the Stephen Hawking of software to use it? ;-)