On Sunday 12 August 2007 10:22, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >> Rather, I think instant spellcheck distracts from the process of
> >> writing.
> >
> > +1
>
> I'm happy to just run spellcheck at the end, but I'm not sure this
> discussion is on point.  Assuming that a significant number of users
> want it on-the-fly (enough to motivate some developer to tackle it),
> there would just need to be an option to enable/disable it and everyone
> would (hypothetically) be satisfied.

Yes, it must be disablable.

All I can tell you is the guy from my LUG who wanted on-the-fly spellchecking
is a techogeek supreme, probably as likely to document in vi (Vim is too
touchy feely). He uses fvwm because fvwm2 is too bloated, Icewm is a monument
to bloat, and he probably thinks KDE and Gnome came out of an Ira Levin
distopia (Stepford Desktops). The guy also has an IQ three standard
deviations east of genius.

He tried LyX after my presentation at the LUG, and said it "has
possibilities". If he adopted LyX, that would impress a lot of people.

SteveT