Hi Heiko,

First of all, I apologise if the thread gets broken, but it seems that my message got through before my subscription, so I've received your answer only by searching for it at the list archive.

Have you tried to install the package manually? Just invoke the package setup and try to install it for a single user (LyX as well; if you have installed it for all users, just install the single user version over the old one, and only the LyX component, of course). After installing the English dictionary check if it is installed in the directory

Thanks, Heiko, for your answer. I fail to understand why should I re-install LyX for a single user, though: the application is working perfectly and so does Aspell and its spell checker, as long as the document is set to portuguese, spanish or french, the dictionaries that I was able to install.

BTW ftp.lyx.org is dead this morning. Hopefully you still have the dictionary.
Yep, the ftp is still down and I do not have the dictionary. I'll wait till it gets up again and I'll try to install it. I hope that's a simple procedure.

I must admit that using LyX under Linux or Unix is *much* more fun than on Windows, although the LyX-package is very good.
It must be more fun... Nevertheless, I'm stuck with Windows for reasons that would be off-topic to discuss here, so it's not really "fair" to arouse my envy like that ;-)

Best regards,

Roberto

--
-------------------- Roberto Gorjão