I realize this is not about lyx but I am using lyx first and then exporting to latex.

My problem is that the journal I am submitting to (Philosophical Transactions Royal Society A) doesn't provide a bst file and insists that bibliography items be placed in the latex file in full.

This is a pain because I use bibtex usually and have all my citations stored nicely in a bib file. Is there a macro or method for converting a latex file using a callout to a bib file to one in which all citations are listed at the end of the file after the command \begin{thebibliography}{} ???

I see that the bbl file lists the references but doesn't seem to be in the correct format for inserting in the original latex file...

Richard Kleeman