Bo Peng wrote:
I see that the bbl file lists the references but doesn't seem to be in
the correct format for inserting in the original latex file...

You can first find a .bst file that produce the bibliography in the
right format, then insert the generated bbl to the .tex file. I
usually do this even when the publisher provides a .bst file because I
do not want to submit my .bib file.

Bo

How does one obtain such a customized bst file? The publisher in this instance seems to have very specific formatting requirements that look a little non-standard to me. I remember seeing a method of customizing bst files but it seemed to have a rather steep learning curve and was quite technical...

Richard