Hi list,
I have a lot of word documents which I want to transform to lyx.

I do this in a very simple way producing a pdf-Version of the word document (word + windows are running in a kvm window on my gentoo linux system). This PDF document I open with kpdf which permits markíng an area and putting the contents as text in the communication buffer. I can introduce this text in my lyx document, BUT all special symbols like äöüß (german ;-) are lost.

The same sometimes is possible with acroread without this loss of the special symbols. But it works only once in a while, strange, isn't it?

Since my german documents contain lots of umlauts this is quite tedious.

Any ideas how to speed up my work?

TIA

Hellmut

--
Dr. Hellmut Weber         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172