Helge Hafting wrote:
Hellmut Weber wrote:
Hi list,
I have a lot of word documents which I want to transform to lyx.

I do this in a very simple way producing a pdf-Version of the word document (word + windows are running in a kvm window on my gentoo linux system). This PDF document I open with kpdf which permits markíng an area and putting the contents as text in the communication buffer. I can introduce this text in my lyx document, BUT all special symbols like äöüß (german ;-) are lost.

The same sometimes is possible with acroread without this loss of the special symbols. But it works only once in a while, strange, isn't it?

Since my german documents contain lots of umlauts this is quite tedious.

Any ideas how to speed up my work?
Use "xpdf" instead of kpdf - xpdf will happily let you paste "äöüß"
into LyX.  I just tested by exporting that text from LyX to pdf,
and reimport it.
What about opening the document in OpenOffice, exporting to LaTeX, and then importing into LyX?

rh