On Oct 15, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Bennett Helm wrote:
On Oct 15, 2007, at 12:08 PM, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
Margarida Truninger wrote:
Ufff...so one's down! Finally met Mr Spellchecker, lovely guy!:)
About the fuzzy screen, no worries, I'm back in 1.5.1 which is already too
good to be true! the

Hum, are you talking about bad rendering? It's perhaps the same problem as the one reported by Stefan on the devel list. Bennett, perhaps you could provide a package with the pixmap cache disabled (in qt4/GuiPainter.cpp) for those users that don't need the speed boost?
If I'm remembering correctly, people complaining about fuzzy screens have all been on PPC Mac. In the past I've had troubles cross-compiling for PPC (which is why Anders has done it for me), but I'll try it and see what problems might crop up. (The other catch is that PPC users are more likely the ones to need the speed boost....)

Too bad!

In any case, GuiPainter.cpp is only in trunk; what's the equivalent file in 1.5.2? (Or am I blind?)

No you aren't, it's QLPainter.cpp sorry. Let's see if that solve the problem anyway.

It does add sub-pixel antialiasing, but the font size is still bigger.

Bennett