On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

> > Is it standard for not being able to align text in a cell vertically? My
> > capitalized letters are touching the top of the cell border -- but their is
> > a big whitespace gap below each character.
>
> Is this in the GUI or when you generate a DVI or PDF?  (The GUI gives
> only an approximate representation of what the final document will look
> like.) If you're talking about the end product, do any of the letters
> have descenders? What looks like a big gap below might not look so big
> with a descender taking root in it.

In the generated output. Not all the rows have a descender (a "g"). Every
row has the characters jammed up to the top. All the rows appear to be the
same height. And even the bottom of the "g" doesn't touch the bottom of
the row (the border), but the tops of letters like "TTL" and "Fl" touch
the top of row (top border). Looks bad. I can provide PDF.

(Just noticed that my upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.5.2 lost my PDF export and
view using just "latex" to create the PDF.)

  Jeremy C. Reed