Yes, Latex2RTF seems to work well, rather better with Word than OOo, as OOo seems to include extra text for cross references. But certainly a long way towards a solution.

Thanks again,

Graham

Richard Heck wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:
Yes, so I have found, my initial searches didn't find any of the more recent messages, but since then I discovered that there seems to be a problem.

I have been looking at other approaches export to PDF and then converting the PDF to Word, but this is a bit a hassle.

I will have a go at running oolatex manually.

If you can get it to work manually, then it should also work from LyX.

Another possibility is Latex2RTF, which you can find on the web. LyX is also capable of using that, I think.

rh

Thanks,

Graahm

Richard Heck wrote:
Graham Smith wrote:
Bad form to reply to my own message, but I should add that the status bar suggests that the coversion is happening with the file apparantly being converted to tex and then oolatex being executed to create the odt file, its just the converted file doesn't appear anywhere.
Yes, that is what is supposed to happen. But if you search the mailing list, you'll see that there are lots of problem with oolatex on Windows. I don't know what the status of that is. Some people have had success but it's often been a bit of work. What I'd suggest is that you try exporting to LaTeX and then running oolatex manually. That'll at least give you lots of error messages if something is going wrong.

rh

Graham Smith wrote:
I have just installed 1.5.2 on WINXPpro and trying to export my lyx doc as an OpenOffice doc file appears to do nothing.

Some older messages here suggest that with earlier version you needed to change the export extension to odt (in preferences) but that is correct in this latest version.

As I am very new to this, I suspect I am just doing something wrong. The doc I am trying to export is only 20 pages, but with many figures and cross references.

I would appreciate any help.

Many thanks,

Graham

Graham M Smith

Station Cottage                 Tel:    01749 840631
Station Road                    Fax:    0870 1322773
Binegar                         Mobile: 07971 177623
nr Radstock
Somerset
BA3 4UQ

Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.myotis.co.uk

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the
addressee(s) only, and may be confidential or privileged.

If you receive this message in error, please advise me immediately.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), any form of distribution,
copying, or use of information gained as a result of this communication
is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.

Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses that could  damage
your systems. I have taken reasonable precautions to minimise this
risk, but you are advised that any attachments should be virus checked
before opening.