Alexander Maryanovsky wrote:
On Dec 19, 2007 8:14 PM, Dov Feldstern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

Abdel, thanks for the heads up. I just haven't been able to keep up with
the mailing list / development in the past few weeks... :(

I don't really understand much at all about the packaging. My
understanding is that these are LaTeX issues, over which LyX has no
control, and which are also very platform specific. So I'm afraid I
can't be of much help here...

Dov, I'm not an expert, but my understanding is also that my issue is
a LaTeX issue. I think, however, that you're missing my point.
On platforms where a package manager is the standard way to obtain
software, LyX installs great, and I have no complaints. On platforms
where the standard way to obtain software is by downloading a file
from a website (Windows, Mac OS X), however, an application should,
whenever possible, include all of its dependencies in the installation
file. Basically, my point is that It is not user-friendly if an
application does not work properly out-of-the box.

I am not disputing that. As I said, I just don't know anything about the packaging, so I can't help out here. And as Abdel said, any contributions are, of course, welcome...

Dov